Saturday, April 20, 2013

Tri-Power Gates AX39 Belt for Vespa!

Hey guys,

So I found this awesome belt the other day while I was at Oreilly's. It's a tri-power series belt.

It says it's oil resistant and rated for temperatures over 100*F higher than what the standard belts are and is oil resistant.

It says it's also static conductive, so I feel like that means it's got a metallic element. Anywho, I'll be testing this out on my Vespa grande and I'll be sure to report back.

The standard gates AX39 that I had on there only lasted about 5 months of sparse riding.

Also, if you buy from oreilly's, they guarantee it for three years no questions asked! I told the guy I'd probably shred it on my vespa this summer and he said it didn't matter! Just bring it in and I'll get a new one! Gotta keep your receipt though.

Here's a link to a specs sheet on all the belt series offered by gates:
http://www.gates.com/ptpartners/file_display_common.cfm?thispath=Gates%2Fdocuments_module&file=Vol_57_No_6_High_Temperature_and_V-belts.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment