Monday, March 17, 2014

Trinket Arduino Dynamic Timing Video + Spring Break Update

So, first, the video you've all been wanting to seeeeeeee... the DYNAMIC DIGITAL IGNITION video!!! huzzah! Sexy curves in action:



monitoring the switching pin on the microcontroller to make sure it isn't going to be fried.
board prototype idea

This happened the day before I left for spring break and was glorious. Spring break packin:


I'm working on making this ignition more physically robust and perhaps making a debut of it at Inverness. I still have a little to do moped wise though and a lot to do car wise. Old Yeller has to be gone through entirely for road worthiness as the 2 inch hitch on that car could likely haul both bikes. If it can't, I may be inclined to take brownie since I know his service record better and he has many "new" parts. Brownie needs the new sport exhaust package installed from IPD though, so that has to happen tomorrow if it ever shows up. I'd have to throw a bike on the roof though, and that coupled with is 4 speed transmission = terrible gas mileage.


Spring break wrenching 2014 first up was the maxi. I'll get some new pics of it posted some time before I leave maybe, but I added some chrome trim to the frame and it is CLASSY. Wiring is cleaned up, painted and detailed flywheel and finished up all the little stuff (like shortening the speedo cable). This bike is done for a while till it gets a reed kit. ZA50 geared at 21x37 and has so far been GPS'd at 51mph with all stock parts.







Next up was the derbi. Lots to do to this little guy. I made a puller for the clutch... hardware was $3 total. Had the parts lying around since last time I was home ;) Then I raised the exhaust port a little and resealed the engine (no leaks, knocks on wood). Thought I needed new crank seals but turns out pre-mix was just running down the electrical into the stator (no airfilter) sweet. For some reason, the condenser all the sudden quit working though - like instantly. I was out riding and got a GPS speed of 41 out of it and then it started backfiring. Points arced like a beast, so I did a condenser and all was well. Nothing changed timing wise it just up and quit. Weird/LAME. Can't wait to put digital ignition systems on all my bikes. I also made a CVT cover because the thing throws junk ALL over the frame. GPS speed of 41 was with lots of airleaks, so I'm leaning it out now that it's sealed up.


The weather in Inverness will be glorious. I can't wait. High today was like 40 and last night it was flurrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment