Friday, July 26, 2013

Meet "Blue Boy" and the 125

1972 CB100 left and 1974 CB125 right. Acquired from a high school teacher of mine. Looks like I'll be escaping with new batteries, oil change, standard tune-up maintenance/adjustments and floats for the carbs. Everything else has cleaned up really well. CB100 is running (accrued 120mi so far) and 125 is sparking with compression awaiting carb parts.

UPDATE: So, I've put about 500mi on the 100. Despite an oil leak it has developed from the clutch cover, it runs reasonably well. The 125 is leaking badly from the head and is very lacking in power. I haven't done a leak down on it yet, but my guess is at least reseating the valves and a new head gasket. Both the covers on both the bikes were removed to be painted and I'm assuming no new gaskets were used :/ So, some new gaskets on the covers would probably sort the leaks out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment