Friday, January 18, 2013

The PucHonda

Here is the build progression of the PucHonda motorcycle... Copied from my build thread on another site.

SPECS:
1974 CT70 Engine
1978 Puch Moped frame
1970's Range Rover Green
Magnum Swingarm
ATC70 4 speed transmission
88cc cylinder kit
Honda HOT cam w/ 5.1mm lift
19mm Dellorto Carb
Puch Exhaust Header intake manifold
CR80 forks
General 5 star moped tank
Yamaha FS1 reproduction seat
17" rims front and back
12v rectified/regulated electrical system
Halogen up front
LED in rear
egay clip ons
New japanese valves
New gaskets
New seals
All new NTN bearings only
New cam chain
New points










































































this was a super f'd pinto with no wheels, no motor and a crusty tank. It was $40 and had been sitting for months. The fellow mopeder I bought it off of was thrilled to see it being used - even if four stroke.

I sold all the parts SUPER cheap off of it as a sacrifice to the moped gods.

I started this thing in november when I started rebuilding my $20 CL motor (which has now got waaayyyyy more than $20 in it), our welding shop at school got shut down, I searched for a month for a place that would let me weld and a redbull sponsored welder let me finish the fab at his shop - Preston Farabow in knoxville. The general tank I pryed out of the hands of an ebay seller trying to get insane monies for a v1 general, the forks were pieced together from ebay, the magnum swingarm was leftover from a variated magnum project from robert prichard in nashville.

After I got it built it ran but didn't run right. I assumed timing was set because I gapped the points but I assumed wrong. Trouble shot compression and valve timing for a month when it was just timing - gapping points is NOT timing on these motors. Timed it and it blasted, then discovered a cracked exhaust valve, so I threw new japanese valves in the head. Replaced valves, and then the clutch couldn't handle the power so I had to throw race springs in that.

Rode it in richmond pretty much for the first time outside the neighborhood. It's a blast.

I love two stroke and I've got two stroke builds going on right now too - so hate on the bike but not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment